Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Friday, July 21, 2006

Another happy ex-pat

Thanks to the Internet, we get lots of feedback from former Press subscribers who have left New Jersey in search of a better quality of life and a lower cost of living. Most have no regrets about having pulled up stakes, including this ex-pat, Richard Coda, now living in Arizona.
His note, and his multimedia swansong, follow:

''I consider myself lucky to have left NJ in 2005 for Arizona. I can honestly tell you I will never come back. And I encourage all my old friends to do the same.

And, as we sold a house in NJ last year we were supposed to get a nice tax refund this year. Nope... Jersey's holding it hostage for some reason. Figures... the one year they OWE ME money, they won't give it to me."

The swansong: http://www.pctype.com/flash/priceless.html.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well I hope I'll be one of the same ,soon I'm looking in MD,Del area I saw a nice place in del 37 acres prop tax $3,100.per yr. !I live in Little silver now my TAX 25,300.....I will not miss paying that !I have live in NJ all my life it has been ruined my crooked POLITATIONS !!!

9:02 AM, July 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To the ex-pats: Granted, NJ has problems. However, it is New Jersey's prosperity and aggressive real estate market that has allowed you to sell out with a huge profit, and fund your new palaces in Arizona, Delaware, or wherever.

2:12 PM, July 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have bought a house in another state and can't wait to leave NJ. It's not only the taxes, but also the liberalism that makes me feel like I'm drowning in a see of wimps.

5:26 PM, July 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick,your loyalism twards N.J is misplaced ,as good as our realestate market has been in the last few years it doesn't even place in the top ten areas (http://money.cnn.com/2006/02/03/real_estate/house_price_predictions_for_2006/index.htm)I suspect out high taxes and poor quality of life (STRESS,CRIME)have a bit to do with it.

6:31 PM, July 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

New Jersey's owes its prosperity to its people, Mr. Fera, and those people are fleeing the state, much in the same way that our Founding Fathers fled a decaying, overtaxed and oppressive Europe. Your anger at the ex-pats is misplaced. They are voting with their feet and I, for one, wish them Godspeed.

3:39 AM, July 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home