Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Hospitality in Belmar

I took my 3-year-old son to the beach Sunday, choosing Belmar once again, mostly because of its neat Jungle Gyms and swings on the beach, which were a real hit with him last time we went.
We were both having so much fun that I lost track of time, which isn't a good thing to do when you are parked at one of Belmar's 1-hour meters on Ocean Avenue. When I spotted two guys in uniform tucking tickets under windshields, I knew I was in for it. Sure enough, when I got back to the car, there was a ticket waiting for me. I later learned that my mental lapse would cost me $45. Yes, $45 for an overtime meter violation.

I deserved the ticket. But $45? It's legalized theft. The amount is far more than is needed to keep people from doing it again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still trying to figure out how they can charge you to sit on the sand that was paid for with your tax dollars ??

6:16 PM, May 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home