Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Friday, August 04, 2006

If you're going to consolidate, go all the way

I thought I had heard all the ideas for ways to reduce taxes in this state by now. I was mistaken.

Yesterday, an anonymous caller left me the following voice-mail:

''In regard to the New Jersey budget: They've advanced a proposition where they want to consolidate towns to incorporate some savings. The savings would be miniscule. I think they would produce a real savings by merging New Jersey with Pennsylvania and Delaware. Those states have learned how to handle their money and they have a surplus. Things just keep getting worse here. They could eliminate the financial nincompoops running this state now. And one of those states might like to have a coastline of their own. This may be the only hope.''

Hey, if you're going to discuss consolidation, why not think big?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm tired and almost broke I can't fight you guys anymore Gov Corzine ...tell me what do you want You've got all my money ,tax my home ,my car...what,what more do you want ...my wife ,That's tempting ...but will you stop there?...Please tell me what do you want?????

1:08 PM, August 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home