Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Friday, November 24, 2006

The joy of impulsive giving

It's been awhile since Black Friday was actually the busiest shopping day of the year. According to some studies it doesn't even come close. A survey by MasterCard last year found that Black Friday didn't even rank in the top 5. The busiest shopping day is now the Saturday before Christmas.
Most people put off holiday shopping until the last minute. Not me. I generally start right after Thanksgiving. But I usually don't complete it until the last minute. I tend to do my shopping without a list, which isn't terribly efficient. I have an idea of what I want to buy most people, but I'm always looking for something that's unique. It slows me down, but it makes shopping a lot more enjoyable - particularly when I'm certain the present will be a big hit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home