Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Monday, July 16, 2007

Ocean County fair rates a "good"

I've been to lots of county fairs in my day - some good, some bad. On Saturday, I took my 4-year-old son to the Ocean County Fair - the first time for both of us. I was pleasantly surprised. It was very well organized, parking was convenient, prices were generally reasonable and almost all the attractions were geared toward families.
My boy loved the rides - he hit all of the age-appropriate ones - and the animals. The top attraction for me was Bwana Jim's entertaining wildlife show. He brought a menagerie that includes huge snakes, a miniature fox, alligators and a possum. The best part of the show were his one-liners - some corny, some laugh-out-loud hilarious. I hope the fair books him against next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home