Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Friday, May 18, 2007

Imus' loss is Curtis and Kuby' and Led Zepp's gain

During my morning commute, I typically bounce around from one talk radio station to another - NPR, WFAN, WABC (Curtis and Kuby) and ESPN. Lately, I've been spending far less time with WFAN, which has been auditioning several replacements for Don Imus, who was fired three weeks ago.
One of Imus' frequent guests, NBC News Washington correspondent David Gregory, has been subbing the last few days, and it's been anything but riveting radio. But he hasn't been any worse than the previous stand-ins: Geraldo Rivera, former NFL quarterback Boomer Esiason, tennis players John and Patrick McEnroe, local TV news anchor Chuck Scarborough and radio talk hosts Larry Elder, Stephanie Miller and Michael Smerconish.
If WFAN commits to Gregory, NPR and WABC will probably get more of my attention. Either that, or I'll spend more time with my Led Zepp, Porcupine Tree, Procol Harum and Simple Minds CDs.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:14 AM, May 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get Sirrus or XM satellite radio. Trust me, you won't regret it. It is well worth the $13 a month. If you doubt me, ask anyone that has satellite radio if they are thinking of going back to free radio.

12:41 PM, May 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean kind of like this blog being something less than riveting reading?

8:39 AM, May 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home